Monday, February 22, 2010

Live Blogging: Olympic Edition 8

 
Liveblogging finishes for today - after a bunch of late nights enjoying the downtown festivities, intense and stressful Olympic action, and hours of drawing, inking and photoshopping.  Just really too tired to focus.  Craig is tired too.  He just lost his Therizinosaur's body - comically leaving legs, claws, and a head floating in space.  (As I type, he has already mended most of the damage but subbing in an older dinosaur's body and playing with it.)

Above is my first attempt at colouring using photoshop. The effect was unexpected and kinda works - enough for me to keep playing with it!  If anyone has any suggestions or tips in colouring digitally, let me know!  Thanks!
So that's it for now, I'm off to bed.  Liveblogging 3 will continue another day!  Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Albertonykus said...

Nice job!

Paul Clarke said...

I liked the ink so much on its own... maybe just a touch of colour to hint at possible skin colouring, but then I've always been a fan of pen & watercolour washes...

Rachael Revelle said...

Powerful stuff Peter! Love the ink drawing. Lots of movement and storytelling.

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

Looks good! Liked that Dinosaur Fight Club feeling!

Paleo King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paleo King said...

Woah, this is a cool style. Lots of action and blood. I agree with Dinorider, that wicked fight club look really works for therizinosaurus. I don't know if a purple Alioramus was all that likely, but the form is perfect and very visceral!

And here once again we have our Shanghai spammer, who apparently has no clue this is a dinosaur blog... lol somebody ban this guy :P

Peter Bond said...

Albertonykus, Paul, Rachel, Dinorider, and Nima - Thanks for your kind words! It's not finished, and I'm leaning towards leaving it as black and white...

Paul- I will try the watercolour wash sometime soon!

Nima - yes, I've decided to delete all the "advertizing" spam. I really don't think the spambot realizes that this is a dinosaur/art/travel blog, not an "exotic fun" site...