Sunday, February 21, 2010

Live Blogging: Olympic Edition 1

Finally, the time has come for Craig and I to sit down together and do our joint-liveblogging extravaganza!

With him on his computer and me on mine, and the Olympics on TV, we are ready to settle in to many hours of Therizinosaur art.  Currently, curling is on - Canada vs Switzerland, and Craig is incredibly tense.  He keeps yelling out exclamation.  Personally, I'm more of a hockey guy, so I am looking forward to today's epic Canada vs USA game (begins in an hour and a half!!!!)


So this time around, I'll be blogging the creation of a therizinosaur in action.  They have these wonderfully long claws which would have been used for food-gathering along with defense.  This piece will (hopefully) illustrate a Therizinosaurus cheloniformis defending himself against an attaching Alioramus remotus.  Here is the drawing as it is currently. 

 

I will through up some thumbnails in the next post so you can see where this idea evolved from.  Now, if only Craig could calm down...  (CAN 3 - SWI 1)

No comments: