Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful St. Patty's Day and embrace the Irish spirit wholeheartedly! Have a Guinness, wear some green, dance a jig, play the fiddle, and enjoy the day.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day on my blog, I've posted pictures of Birmingham's St. Patrick's Day Parade I went to. Slante!

Waiting for the parade in Digbeth...


The crowds bracing the cold air... with beers.


Even the Pope came out the bless the Parade!


Street cleaner getting into the ...um... spirits.


Debbie and I in the crowd


Ian and Lisa - friends


Kids love Tonka Trucks!


Some dogs make great handbags


I also love my Irish Quarter


Go go Irish-mobile!


Invisible floats!


March of the Bagpipes!


March of the Other Bagpipes!


Look! It's the Irish Bigfoot! Give us back out Guinness!


Young Irish Elton John


Artsy Balloon Reflection pic


Lisa bearing the cold with only a shirt and a beer.



And after, back to Hennessey's for drinks!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you take the saying "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" very seriously.... Are you still actually working?? You know, teaching children? I'm begining to think that the real reason you moved to England was not for the teaching experience, but for the beer!!!
Ah well, as I've heard too many people say (and now I'm begining to believe myself) you're only young once. Live while you can!
How are the travel plans shaping up?? Any thoughts about where you'll be in the Fall??
Anyhow, we all send our love and hugs, and looking forward to seeing you soon!! :)