Saturday, December 29, 2007

Changdeokgung Palace

On a cultural bend, we decided to visit the second-largest palace in Seoul, Changdeokgung Palace. It was built in 1405 as a secondary residence for the King, but became the primary palace from 1590 to 1896 when the primary palace, Gyeongbokgung, burned down.

Designated a UNESCO Heritage Site in 1997, Changdeokgung Palace can only be seen on a tour. Our Korean tour guide spoke understandable English, as she took us around the beautiful ancient buildings and the wild serene forest behind.

Taking photographs there was a wonderful experience. The palace is full of amazing colours. I hope you enjoy them:




















3 comments:

traumador said...

Wow pretty

I especially like the pic of Steve jumping. Nice for scale, a cool action shot, and it captures Steve's personality

Stupid internet last night. I assume you got kick off (or you blocked me JERK! ;p ). I should be around again tonight

Anonymous said...

This palace make me want to lay my humble colored pencils down. Isn't the art of the building amazing?

Peter Bond said...

I know! Aren't the colours amazing? It was so hard not to take millions of photos!