Thursday, November 01, 2007

New Job!

Alright!

After a month or so of searching, I have found a job teaching English in South Korea. The contract begins late November, with my first class on Dec 1st. I will be teaching adults (a skill I have no experience with) in the Sinchon area in Seoul.

My friend Steve Wade is joining me on this quest, and apparently (as he has lived in Seoul before) Sinchon is the best place to live. It is a young University area with cool bars and lots of fun things to do. Imagine a cross between Kits and the West End.

It pays well and is a large reputable private school. I have yet to officially sign the contract (they are sending it to me here), so specific details will come later. Keep an eye here for stories and tales of my immersion in Korean Culture!

On that note, I am putting the word out that anyone who wants to come and visit is welcomed with open arms. Are you passing from China to Japan? Or England to New Zealand? Or Canada to Mexico? Come on over!

Take care and I want to see you soon, once more before I go.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

And off he goes on his next adventure... wow, congratulations, Peter! I'm getting dizzy watching your life!
How long are you planning on being there?
I just started hunting for internships in Asia next spring. Might take me a while, but I'll let you know as soon as I have anything. I might just take you up on that invitation (HA! You didn't count on that, did ya?!) ;)