Thursday, May 03, 2007

Can you help me with my future plans?

Good morning everyone,

The sun is shining and I have a day off from work today. My school is closed as it is being used as a voting station. Certainly no complaints by me; I'm going to use the day to research my future plans, ie. "What I am going to do next September..."

On May 18th, I'll be coming back home to visit Vancouver for two weeks, and then returning to work the summer term back here in Birmingham. Once that is done in late July, I'm going backpacking in Spain and Portugal (and perhaps Poland and Czech Republic) and meeting up with my good friend Greg for some Spanish travel and surfing in August.

Here is where it gets a bit fuzzy, though...

Once September hits, I think I'm going to fly home (via New York City for a bit), and stay and work in Vancouver until January. One option for my next step is to go to Korea and teach there for a bit. If not Korea, then perhaps Brazil or Argentina, working in International Schools.

My traveling bug has not died and the world is such a large, wonderful place. There is still so much to see out there and now is the time in my life to do it!

My question to you then is:
Have you had any experience in these countries? Teaching or otherwise? Any information would greatly help my decision making. Thanks you so much!

~ - ~

On a side note, here is another photo I've messed about with on Photoshop:



And this is one I found online (I didn't make it!) of a Velocirapper holding the mic and laying down some kick-ass vocals.
Get it? Velocirapper? Veloci"rapper"? Hehehehe, velociRAPTOR! Oh boy, jokes only paleontologist get!

4 comments:

Jewels said...

My choice would be to go to San Juan, Argentina or anywhere in Argentina for that matter. I may have only been there for four days for work, but I really enjoyed it and want to go back. Even though it might be expensive to get there, the cost to be there and visit is so cheap! Not sure what your salary would be but your dollar should go aways.

Just my 2 Cents.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

i know someone who's currently teaching in south korea. i told her to avoid the north, i think she listened :)
let me know if you want her email address to ask more questions.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, have you thought about being a tour guide? Not a tour guide that shows you big ben and the tower of london, but who educates about the history, the happenings, the art, the life, the culture... you'd be a travelling teacher, essentially. Take people to the not so common places...
Of course, that's not exactly in a school building somewhere, but I have great difficulty picturing you "settled down" and "established" somwhere yet anyway. You're too full of zest and zeal!! Good luck!

Marianne said...

I like the tourguide idea. Something tells me you'd be good at it.
Go to Asia, Peter! I'm trying to get myself over there for my internship next March/April - we could meet up! Asia's not that big, right?!