Friday, November 03, 2006

Halloween Rebellion

I did not take my school's "No Halloween" policy lying down. I rebelled in minimal yet significant ways.

I wore all black with my T-Rex skeleton tie. I discussed Halloween with my class and asked them what they were dressing-up as. I gave an art lesson at the end of the day that included colouring ghosts and pumpkins, and creating candy bags to take home. I also gave out Halloween stickers to each child at the end of the day.

So there, British School administration! Ha Ha!

On a related note, Guy Faux Day, or Firework day, or increased-burns-of-the-face day, is celebrated on November 5th...

"Remember, Remember,
The 5th of November, ......"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter
Your Dad says HI! :)
Guy Faux Day? would that be a faux pas?
What would the Catholics say?
Glad you are having fun. We love reading about your escapades and adventures.
Love,
Wen, and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey there pete!
That's the spirit... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em....that is, the little rebels you teach! I probably would've done a full tilt rebellion... but then I tend to get very hot headed and get myself into trouble....ooops. You probably did it the sensible way. How's life otherwise? :D
Amy