Friday, July 17, 2009

Goodbye Toby

Toby James Bond
1992 - 2009

I've been out of the blogsphere for a while dealing with the decision of putting my family dog, Toby, down. It's been a tough few weeks because, as Toby's body was getting weaker, his mind and heart were still youthful and strong. At 17 years old, his kidneys and back legs were failing him, and it was time to make a decision. My sister and I took him to the vet yesterday, and he passed peacefully in our arms. It's hard to convey how tough it's been, since Toby's been with me his whole life - since I was 13 years old. Through my high schools, universities, jobs, careers, girlfriends, travels. Toby was an smart, energetic, happy, loving dog and I will miss him terribly. He had a fantastic life and was loved by everyone who met him.

Goodbye buddy. You're a good boy.

8 comments:

traumador said...

so sorry man

Anonymous said...

Indedd, Peter. I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to lose a friend like that. My regards to you and his family. At least he lived an impressive long life. Trust me, my dog had to be put down at 14! You are Blessed, Peter. I pray for you. He's in a better place, believe me. He's home now.

RIP Toby :(

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

OH! 17 YEARS OLD!!!
He must have loved you so much for living so many years. Most dogs I've met haven't lived that much.

Beautiful post.
He's one with the Force now!

Kylie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Peter. I always really liked Toby. He was such a fun and friendly dog...and boy could he jump.
He had a great life and you've certainly done everything you could for him.

Anonymous said...

Dinorider- I hope that he wasn't a joke. I agree that Toby is one with the "Force" now but this isn't Star Wars. I know you meant well but I hope Peter doesn't take offense to any of that. I don't want to see any misunderstandings while grieving, okay buddy? ;)

Peter Bond said...

Thanks for your kind words, guys. Traum and Kylie, you knew him well. Raptor and Dinorider, I appreciate your sentiments. As you may or may not know, I am a Star Wars fan and greatly understand the quote. I take no offense. Thanks guys.

Anonymous said...

No problem, Peter! We're friends on the internet, so that's what we do. ;) Anywho, I figured you were a Star Wars fan and would understand the quote, I just didn't know if it was the appropriate, time, place, and thing to say, that's all. As I've said, though, I've been there, man! ;) "You've got a friend in me!" (Forgot who sang that. I just remember it from Toy Story. ;))

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

Oh sorry, that wasn't a joke and I had no intention to offend Peter or anyone. I meant that Toby lives forever now.