Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tagged - 8 Random Things about Me...

I got tagged by fellow Canadian Blogger Mitch,

The Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The game rules are posted at the beginning of the post. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment to let them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

I have been thinking about this post all day, trying to think of random things about myself. So here they are:
  1. I had a large gap between my two front teeth when I was very young. I used a retainer for a few years, never braces. I remember having to take my retainer out at every meal, and I would wrap it in a napkin. Only once was it thrown out!
  2. For the last 10 years, I've been involved with an acting troupe - SMP Dramatic Society - a group that puts on pantomimes! What is a pantomime? It is a British comedy tradition where you take a classic fairytale, add some cross-dressing, singing, dancing and hilariously bad jokes, and mix in some audience participation! I have played a rat, a sheik, a sage, a lost babe, a farmer, a wolf, and a pantomime horse (front end!)
  3. I cannot ski. Yeah, I know, I live in a beautiful mountain-filled snow-covered ski land surrounded by skiing opportunities (Whistler, Blackcomb, Grouse, Cypress...). I should be a good skier, but I am not. This is due to me falling over and being unable to get up, when taking lesson in Grade 7. This may have scarred me as I haven't been downhill skiing since! (I guess I can cross-country ski... I forgot!)
  4. I have shot a few different guns. As James Bond's decedent, I should be competent with firearms! I have fired several different rifles and a 22' revolver, on two separate occasions. And I am not a bad shot, if I do say so myself!
  5. During primary school, I once started a group which almost every classmate joined! It was (surprisingly) a Dinosaur Group, where everyone was given a different dinosaur name. We would then run around at recess and pretend to be that prehistoric animal and ... uh... fight.. and ...eat. (I was a T.Rex!)
  6. My favorite view in from West Braemar Road in North Vancouver at the bend at the top of the stairs. That quiet spot overlooks both West Vancouver and Cypress Mountain, and also Downtown Vancouver. I love looking at all the trees and the city lights over the water.
  7. My first film (made in Grade 8) involved stop-motion animation, fire, camera tricks, and a trip through my friend's fridge. The film was about an alien who arrived on Earth and was shown around by my friend. In fact we went through his fridge twice! Our teacher, Mrs. Hopkins, gave us good marks but told us if we went showed my friend's fridge one more time, she'd fail us.
  8. My house was broken in when I was in High School and I was the first one home. I noticed the door adgar and, without really thinking, I walked in. Stupid, I know, but I was curious and somewhat shocked! Our TV and VCR, gone. As was the Super Mario Brothers 3 video game (but not the original Nintendo system. Weird.) My Father's violin (the most disturbing of the stolen item's) was recovered by the police. I did eventually call 911 and luckily, not murdering criminal was still in my house!
There we go. Now, let's be really mean and tag Craig, Marianne, Randi, Stephanie, and Traumador! (I know it's not 8 people, but I'm not that mean.)

No comments: