Monday, November 05, 2007

Contract Sent (aka Buracracy in it's most Glorious!)

After a weekend of organizing and solidifying plans for Korea, I have sent the signed contract back to the Seoul company by UPS courier.

Along with the contract (4 copies), I had to include:
-three copies of my transcript (sealed and stamped)
-six (six!?!) passport photos
-my up-to-date resume
-a copy of my passport
-my original BSc and BEd degrees (Yeah, the actual original expensive piece of paper qualifying me!)

Whew! So then the school gets this, OKs it, then sends it to the Korea Government, who hum and haw for 1-3 weeks. Eventually, they OK it and email us a code. We take this code to the Korean Embassy with out passport and then they stamp the baby with a work VISA!

Whole process should take 2-3 weeks, meaning I am now leaving sometime between the 19th and 30th of November. The school is paying for the flight over, so I'll keep you updated as to when that might be (cause I don't know either!)

1 comment:

Jewels said...

hope you get your real copies of your diplomas back int he same shape!!!!! They were an expensive piece of paper after all :) good luck!