Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The End of an Era


Hey dinophytes! As it is almost the end of my time here in Drumheller, I thought it would be fitting to show you a picture of my first time visiting the Tyrrel Museum!

This is me (age 7) with my sister (age 5) in front of Lillian the Albertosaurus in 1986. As you can see, I am very excited (shown here by my dramatic pointing and my sweet bowl cut).

Jump ahead 20 years and observe the photograph above. This is me, dramatically pointing again! Note my less-sweet smaller haircut and my bulkier physique.

On a more bittersweet note, the area behind me in the photos (including Lillian) is going to be torn out to make room for a new display of ceratopsian (horned dinos) material. So goodbye Lillian, you shall be missed. Another major change to the museum includes tearing out the globe in the entrance and replacing that area with a walk-through dried-up riverbed with four new life-sized Albertosaurs (a family) surrounding you! I can't wait to come back in a year and see the changes, but it does mark the end of an era.

Today was the last day of my job here at the museum, finishing two months of Camp and three days of Camp tear-down and clean-up. Mostly that involves dismantling the tepees, haling out the fridge and stove from the kitchen, and spending 4 hours setting up freaking basketball hoops! Aaaahhhhh! Thanks a bunch Tyler (my boss), I hope next years' kids enjoy the results of my blood and tears!

Craig and I will be driving back to Vancouver after Cameron's birthday party (happy birthday Cam!) Till then, I'm listening to David Bowie and watching Firefly.

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

I will miss you Peter! Next time you visit, the futon is yours. Complete with plaid sheets.

traumador said...

Bye Peter!

I'm going to miss you and the badlands sciency camp team...

Ah Lillian so hot...

Anyways I should get back to work.