Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Busan and Back (Part 1 of 2: The Video)

When you travel, there are many experiences you have that you might not have expected to experience before traveling.

Eating strange and mysterious food is one of them.

Traveling to Busan (the second-largest city in Korea after Seoul) last month, I experienced some of the most unusual and dare-I-say disgusting seafood I have ever tasted. Bundagee (Silk worm larvae), mongae (maybe a sea squirt), some sort of Korean sea worms, and the topper: Live Octopus.

Yes, live. Alive. Octopus. Live. I know.

See it for yourself here, in this new episode of The Peter Bond Travels: Food Attack!




My defense for eating a very smart creature alive and in pieces is that Steve and I didn't order it. My Korean friends did. It is a delicacy here. And as they say, do as the Romans (or Koreans) do.

Even though I liked the taste, I won't be ordering it again. My conscience won't allow it. But if you're so bold, give it a try...

4 comments:

Prehistoric Insanity said...

Funny

Of all the music you had to pick THAT song from Atlantis... That song has sad memories attached to it. Now I think of Korea as a depressing place ;p

I'll have to give you my library so you have more to choose from than that one disc...

Peter Bond said...

Atlantis? Sorry mate, I thought that piece was from Lord of the Rings! Well, Korea isn't depressing at all, in fact it's really fun and exciting!

More movie music is always appreciated...

Prehistoric Insanity said...

No worries I was kinda kidding.

You eating gross stuff has become a cult fav here at the hall. Everyone also thinks you're cool now. Just FYI.

Peter Bond said...

I aim to please, man. I also eat to please, and aim to eat...

Thank you, cult-followers!